Yes, it’s true. I’m besotted with brussels. Smitten with sprouts. Caught up with cabbage.
Especially if you throw a few potatoes, some crumbly goat cheese, and a splash of heavy cream in the mix. It’s funny, I hate milk, but LOVE me some heavy cream. Go figure.
So if last week’s recipe didn’t make you a believer, I dare you to try this one and not come away with a full (mini) cabbage conversion!
Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
serves 4-6 (or 2 big pigs)
3-4 small/medium potatoes (bonus points for purple!)
1/2 cup crumbly goat cheese (I used some from Montchevre)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 shaved parmesan
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 10 x 7 baking dish.
2. Chop the bottoms off sprouts and discard. Chop sprouts into thin slices and toss with olive oil. Don’t worry, leaves will fall.
3. Chop potatoes into thin slices and toss with remaining olive oil.
4. Layer: First a single layer of potatoes, then sprouts, then crumbly goat cheese, then salt + pepper. Repeat until baking dish is full or you run out of the goods.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan and pour heavy cream over the top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
come to Cabbage.
What are you cooking this weekend?