Lately I’ve become obsessed with making my own pudding. I seriously had no idea how easy it was, until a few weeks ago, when I found myself craving something sweet (and creamy) late at night. Fun fact: I never crave chocolate, only cream!
Anyhow, an assessment of my refrigerator and a little googling turned up this delicious recipe for homemade vanilla pudding. I’ve since used it as a base to create lots of different flavors, and this pumpkin spice is easily one of my favorites! It’s rich, flavorful, and a little like eating the center right out of a pumpkin pie. Satisfying. And yum!
Pumpkin Spice Pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
1. In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form at edges.
2. In a bowl mix together sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
3. Once bubbles form at edges, gradually whisk in sugar mixture.
Do not boil. Stir as it thickens, 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add pumpkin, and butter, stirring until fully incorporated.
5. Pour into small bowls and let cool.
6. Enjoy with fresh whipped cream!
Warning: making (and eating) pudding might be slightly addictive.
That said, what type of pudding do you dream of?