So please go watch it:
And leave nice comments!
Because of course the very first comment is by a nasty nelly who asks “why?”
Because it’s awesome. That’s why.
So…Get Yourself a gold leather pocket!
1. Use a seam-ripper to carefully remove existing pocket.
2. Iron open all seams to create a pattern for your new (gold leather) pocket.
3. Use this pattern (old pocket) to trace an outline onto your leather (or whatever fun pattern/print you want for your new pocket).
4. Make sure you add an inch at the top if you didn’t open that seam (I didn’t!)
5. Cut out your pocket.
6. Fold over top one inch, cover with light weight fabric (use old pocket) and iron.
7. fold and iron each side to match original seam allowances- usually 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
8. double check that your new pocket is the same size as the original.
9. use fabric glue (tiny dots on the corners) to secure pocket to shirt.
10. use sewing machine (might want leather needles) to stitch pocket to shirt.
The amazing variety of leather supplies here in Tokyo makes me wanna switch out the pockets on ALL my shirts… Good thing I’m an ocean away from my sewing machine!
Any fun pockets/projects in your world this week?